Leprechaun School

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!!!



For us, it is DAY 1 of official mandated shut-in.  
I feel like that escalated quickly!

I went ahead and planned a whole day of school lessons based around the holiday- and thought I would share with those of you thrown into the whole world of homeschooling!  I plan to do all of our lessons family-style today, around our dining room table, or sitting at our couch.  With many breaks to go on "rainbow hunt walks," eat all the gold candy, or just be silent for five seconds (ya right!).

Without further ado:

LANGUAGE ARTS:

I plan to start with this simple activity where the kids will write down what
makes them feel lucky on a four leaf clover

find the free printable on TeachersPayTeachers, here:






I think it's especially important at this time to remember that we are so blessed and have so much to be grateful for!

Next, our writing assignment for the day will be to write what you would do if you caught a leprechaun and were granted 3 wishes!  What would you wish for?  (Can't have more wishes!)


MATH:

We are going to work on St Patrick's Day themed math puzzles today!

For my older kids (3rd-5th), I found this puzzle that focuses on multiplication:


(this one is not free- it was $4 for one, or $8 for a set of 3- I opted for the 3, since I have 3 older kids and can use this for years to come!)

For my littles, we will play a simplified math puzzle game where they just match the numbers from 0-20 to their 10-frames.  PERFECT, since we've been working on numbers to 20 lately!

Find the FREE printable here:



If we have more time, we will play a dice game- we LOVE Tensie!  Or any other game of luck!  When playing with multiple ages, we try to even the playing field by adding restrictions to the older kids.  For example, in tensie, they not only have to roll all ten dice with the same number, they also have to stack their ten dice before they can win a round.  Makes things way more exciting and fair!


This is where we will also work-in some movement and snacks!  
Cosmicyoga usually has something themed, so I'll check there first!

SCIENCE:

Since I didn't really plan ahead, I'm limited to science experiments we have the supplies for- Pinterest St Patrick's Day science activities, and see what you have!!  

Here are the two activities I came up with:



And one I know ALL of my kids will get super into:




At this point, we may do our Rainbow/four-leaf-clover walk to find some lucky green finds!  Pack along a baggy for each kid to save their treasures!


Last, but not least, 

SOCIAL STUDIES:

I always do Social Studies last, because we essentially just cuddle on the couch while I read and we discuss whatever material is being covered.  

Today, I will provide coloring pages for them to doodle on:




(SIDE NOTE- if you head to crayons.com and click on "Education" at the top, they have a whole site dedicated to "At Home Learning!"  I didn't explore too much, but thought it was worth mentioning here, if you are on the hunt for more resources!)

Here is the St Patrick's Day FREE history lesson I will use:


Here's a more simplified version for younger kids:


IF there's time.... well, let's be honest, we've got nothing but time these days... if there's ENERGY left, we will make some soda bread, and call it a day!



**Seriously, teacherspayteachers.com has a TON more freebies!!  I went to the website and typed in "St Patrick's Day" in the search bar.  Then on the lower left side, I clicked the "FREE" box, and PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES appeared!!  I don't have time to share all the ones I liked, but go look for yourself if none of these fit your family!!  

I hope this helps you have an enjoyable holiday schooling from home!!

You've GOT THIS!!

Hang in there!!

Sippy Cup Cheers,
Cindy



Comments

Popular Posts